Me and my small family are off to Turkey next week, travelling from Australia . there will be 4 of us travelling and we have come up with our itinerary....will be in Turkey for 13 FULL days !!

So we have few questions,if anyone have been there !

Firstly will we be safe booking accommodation as we go as we haven't looked into anything...we aren't 5 star travelers, just something clean with air con :-)

We will be staying in Istanbul for 2 and a half days..have been told to stay in the Sultan Ahmet area, so we will. Can someone give me the heads up of where out of this area we can get a good feed, away from the touristy area....have read enough about it to know what sights to check out.also if Is the Bosphorus cruise a must???

Then planning on catching an overnight bus to Canakkale for Gallipoli day tour...have looked up some buses and noticed one leaves at midnight with Truva Turizm...can someone confirm this for me...is that the latest one someone can find?? Will stay overnight here.

Next day will make our way to Izmir by bus (have been told to stay in Selcuk)....will be here for 2 nights/2 days...one day for Ephesus and surrounds and one day for ???? What do u reccommend.....I was thinking just a beach day, if so what beach is best to visit which isn't too far from Selcuk...or shud we base ourself in Izmir for the 2 days for beach and Ephesus?? Only asking because have read about Cesme being close to Izmir...sorry for all these questions, it just gets herd when you read so much about places and you want to go everywhere and you cant :-)

Then looking at an overnight bus to Goreme for Cappadocia, will spend 2 and half days there...

Then will overnight bus it to Antalya...now here we have 4 days to play with to make our way from Antalya to Fethiye (will be leaving Turkey via Dalaman airpport, so need to end in fethiye to make it easier to get our flight from there)....Can someone suggest a 4 day intinerary for this part of the trip???? Will hiring a car be easiest way to do it, or public transport??

So we will be in turkey to explore its history,culture,people and food....and a little bit of partying :-)...so if u know of good party spots/resorts along the way, please add them in.

Thank you  so much for looking into this, greatly appreciated.....

We are so excited to be on our way to such an amazing looking country!!!

Category :   Travel
More : #Can't #waTurkey

Sharing is Caring..
Please wait...