Eating for beauty doesn’t mean a lifetime sentence of salad !
The good news is some chocolate can have significant beauty benefits. The not terribly bad news is, the only chocolate that can deliver these benefits is dark chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa content—which doesn’t apply to most treats found in the candy aisle at the grocery store, so choose wisely !
Like its parent fruit, dark chocolate is also packed with potent antioxidants and contains various essential nutrients which help you to stay healthy and beautiful. Powerful antioxidants like flavonoids help avoiding cardiovascular disorders and reduce risks of strokes. In addition, it also works to keep your blood cholesterol level and blood pressure in check. Seamless vision is another health benefit offered by this magical ingredient.
Chocolate for you Skin:
1.Dark chocolate is a skin-friendly ingredient that helps keeping your skin healthy, glowing and just flawless. Check out few outstanding benefits of dark chocolate for skin here:
2. As mentioned above, dark chocolate hosts a range of potent antioxidants. These antioxidants protect your skin from free radical damage; keeping it soft, supple and juvenile for long.
3. With great sun protection properties, it shields your skin against detrimental UV rays and thus helps preventing conditions like sunburns and skin cancer.
4. Regular consumption of dark chocolate helps you achieve a smooth, problem free complexion. It also keeps your skin moist and well nourished.
5. Dark chocolate makes an excellent skin-detoxifier in combination with caffeine. It sloughs off the dead skin cells and allows the newly exposed, fresh skin to breathe freely.
Chocolate for your Hair :
Dark chocolate is also popular for offering many hair care benefits. Find out some common hair care benefits below:
7. It helps in promoting blood circulation in the scalp which leads to increased growth of healthy, lustrous locks. Thanks to being a circulation-booster, it is also found to be very effective in reducing hair loss.
8. Infused with the goodness of several hair-benefiting ingredients, dark chocolate improves the overall health of your tresses, making them super-glossy and voluminous.
9. With incredible anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps minimizing the odds of getting scalp infections.
Dark Chocolate: Usage Tips
Don’t add water in the chocolate while brewing it as it tends to harden your chocolate. Also make sure to keep all the utensils used for making a chocolate recipe dry, as even a little bit of moisture can ruin your whole recipe.
Keep the heat under control. Don’t melt chocolate at a very high heat.
With all the above mentioned dark chocolate benefits, there is no doubt that chocolate lovers should develop a taste for this type of chocolate too! It’s a combination of chocolate and good health. What more can you ask for!
I hope this article on health benefits of dark chocolate helps you take care of your overall health.