Detoxing your body can do more than making you loose weight ,your eyes sparkle and your skin glow ,it boost your energy levels and improve digestion.
It may look like a stupid diet – nocarbs, no alcohol, no milk, no sugar – a detox isn't a quick fix for weight loss. The purpose of any detox plan is to take the load off the organs that detoxify the body ,the liver, kidneys and bowel !
while at the same time supporting and improving their performance. If you want to fast track your health, give your body a break, or just want to detox diet for a short time, follow this safe and do-able seven-day program .
First, you have to avoid some Food like: Alcohol ,Cigarettes,Milk products (except ½ cup unsweetened yoghurt with acidophilus each day),Sugar, honey, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners,Coffee,Grains (wheat (bread, biscuits, cakes, pasta), rye, barley, oats, spelt and rice and Dried fruit.
But you still have many delicious food you can enjoy like:
Fruit: any and all fresh fruit
Vegetables: any and all fresh vegetables
Fish: fresh, canned in water or olive oil
Lean red meat, chicken (without the skin). Limit to two serves per week.
Legumes: dried or canned, such as kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils
Eggs: preferably organic
Olive oil (preferably extra virgin), Coconut oil (unprocessed)
Nuts: raw unsalted almonds, walnuts, macadamias and cashews
Seeds: raw unsalted sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
Green tea, white tea, weak black tea (decaffeinated)
Water: from one to three litres of water per day
Detox plan for the next seven days:
1. Morning lemon juice: This is an olde recipe but a goodie to kick start the digestion and cleanse the system. so half a lemon juice in a cup of hot water. Drink first thing in the morning before breakfast.
2. Do some exercise at least 1 hour a day . And not just any exercise – something that makes you sweat like a spin class, jogging, walking uphill, hot yoga or boxing.
3. try to cut out the cooking process and eat mainly raw foods. Raw foods contain more nutrients and enzymes. also add some fresh sprouts to a salad daily.
4. While you're detoxing the body, its good to clear the mind too. so do 15 minutes of meditation per day or belly breathing. Start by placing hands palm down on your lower belly. Breathe in through your nose, counting slowly to 3 or 4 counts. Feel your tummy rise with the breath. Breathe out just as slowly, allowing the belly to drop.
5. drink three liters of fluid daily. This will help move the lymph and support kidney detoxification.
Choose from pure spring water, fresh vegetable juice and herbal detox teas. Add one teaspoon of the dried herbs to a cup of boiling water. Leave to steep for five minutes, strain and drink.
6.Doing this daily will support circulation and increase skin detoxification. Using a loofah or natural fibre body brush, brush the skin with firm circular movement in the shower. Start from the feet and hands, moving up the legs and towards the arms. Finish your shower with a one-minute burst cold water which brings the blood circulation to the skin.
7.chew each mouthful of food 10 to 12 times before swallowing. Bringing mindfulness to mealtimes improves digestion, allowing you to feel a sense of fullness without a need to overeat .
P.s : Don't detox if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, elderly, have high blood pressure, are underweight or against your health practitioner's recommendation!