61 old Cecil Williams and his guide dog, Orlando, were hit by a subway train in New York, and surprisingly, they both survived! but at the end, it might cost Williams his best friend, Orlando,
Tuesday, Williams lost consciousness and fell on the subway track. Orlando his guide dog tried its best to keep its owner on the platform, but both unfortunately were struck by the subway car.

Both survived, yes it is a miracle, but Orlando is turning 11 soon, he’ll need to retire. Williams health insurance will not cover the cost, and will need to find Orlando a new home.

“He gets me around and saves my life on a daily basis. If I had the money, I would definitely keep him.”

A guy by the name of Grant Kirsh was touched by Orlando and William’s story, and started Indiegogo Campaigne: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-cecil-williams-keep-his-seeing-eye-dog-orlando

To raise money for Williams to keep his Orlando, the goal of this campaign is to raise $50,000. but now the campaign is ended, we are happy to see it hit  $78,536USD

The organization that trained Orlando, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, made a statement on Facebook page, saying:

‘’Our immediate concern is for the safety and well-being of the team – Cecil and Guiding Eyes Orlando. We have offered our continued support and look forward to working with him as he retires Orlando and begins to work with his new Guiding Eyes dog. We recognize everyone’s concern about Orlando’s future: whether he stays with Cecil or goes back to the loving home of his puppy raiser, please know he will be honored like the hero he is.’’

Williams is unaware the fundraising efforts, but will hopefully be surprised he’ll be able to keep Orlando after all.

Now this is a story that restores faith in humanity!

Category :   Other
More : #saving

Sharing is Caring..
Please wait...