What is metrosexuality?

December 11, 2013 - by Joshua

Have you heard of the ‘’Metrosexual” expression before?

Ladies, I have a question for you, but first of all let me explain to you what a metrosexual is.

Based on the free encyclopedia of Wikipedia, Metrosexual is a neologism, derived from metropolitan and heterosexual, coined in 1994 describing a man (especially one living in an urban, post-industrial, capitalist culture) who is especially meticulous about his grooming and appearance, typically spending a significant amount of time and money on shopping as part of this.[1] The term is popularly thought to contrast heterosexuals who adopt fashions and lifestyles stereotypically associated with homosexuals, although, by the definition given by the originator (see below), a metrosexual "might be officially gay, straight or bisexual."

My question! Now that you know what it means, would you mind dating a guy who carries these specifications? If I am asking this question is beacause my girlfriend seems to be very annoyed by that fact. Shes says that I take “too much” care of my appearance. I am not denying that fact, but whats wrong with a man who wants to look his best, smell good, dress well, always shaved and who is not gay (not that I have anything against gay people)?

Why is it ok for a girl to wear make-up, go for facials, dye her hair 20 times a year, spend a fortune on her shoes and matching handbags, buy the latest perfume trends, shave or wax on daily basis. Why would it be OK for her and not for me. After all, if I look good, there's also a part there for her to enjoy. Shouldn’t she be proud to date someone like me.

I would really like your honest feedback. Please, I will only enjoy reading respectful comments. TIA

Category :   Other
More : #Whmetrosexuality?

Sharing is Caring..
Please wait...