These days, it can be very difficult to tell which handbags are real and which aren't, especially when it comes to shop online. If you are one of those who are totally in love with Michael Kors handbags but still can’t afford to buy from the original store or website, you still have the option of shopping online for liquidation items that often go down to 50% of the original price. Despite this fact, be a smart shopper and start recognizing fake from real, this way, your money won’t be wasted. Here are some clues on how to be able to tell which is which.
1, If you have the budget to buy directly from the designer (physical store or online), that would certainly be your best shot. At lest this way, you are sure to get the real stuff. As a second option for a sure bet, you can always try finer department store online, this way you'll save money without having to worry about genuineness.
2. As it is with designer items, price is most of the time one of the biggest indicators of what you're buying. Michael Kors handbags range from the middle one hundreds and can go up to a thousand dollars. When considering an online purchase, stay away from bags listed beneath this price range. Use your common sense. If it looks to good to be true, then it is too good to be true!
3. If you intend to make your purchase online, make sure that the item could be returned in case you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase. In that case, after receiving the item, you can always take it to a Michael Kors boutique and have it inspected for authenticity.
4. Look for the designer's trademark square buckles and fixtures. All Michael Kors bags, big or small, display these square accents. MK uses silver tone and gold tone hardware. This is a sturdy, polished metal that feels very hard to the touch, which is also a sign of its authenticity. Replica Michael Kors handbags usually use cheaper metals and plastic. Don’t forget that Genuine Michael Kors purses have multiple "MK" insignias on buckles, snaps and other metal parts.
5. MK uses only high quality materials and there's a lot of special care and attention being paid to the craftsmanship put into every Michael Kors handbag. In any designer bags, the stitching is the hardest thing for replicators to reproduce. It should be straight, even, perfectly aligned with seams and never loose. Large, uneven stitching is a sign of mockup Michael Kors handbags. Also remember that ΜΚ never uses adhesive to glue tags, it is always stitched.
6. Having an item listed as "replica" or "designer inspired", it's not authentic. Pay attention to all the details to get the best out of your purchase.