A very shy man from a small city Alberta hamlet made his wife blush and a room full of people laugh Thursday when asked why he was in the Mini Mart that day.
"We had to go get birth control," said Raymond Scott, glancing at his wife, SheenaIt was there, while his wife was in the back of the M&M Mini Mart, that Scott checked his Lotto Max tickets and discovered he had just won $50 million.
A prize of that size would change anyone's life.And the Scotts, perhaps more than most, were due for some good luck."We were both kind of like the working poor our wholes lives," he said.The couple lives in Fort Kent, Alta., a hamlet of 220 people about 250 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.He said his first job was working at the local gas station.

When he graduated high school in 1995, his parents bought the station. He worked there and lived at home.His father died in 1998. The kids moved away and left mom to run the gas station.'A struggle for our whole family'"It's been a struggle for our whole family," he said.

"Generations before me, too."For the last few years, he has managed a trucking company, a job he plans to keep "for a couple more months."Their first plan for the money is to buy an acreage once owned by Sheena's grandfather, so they can "get it back in the family."
They also plan to reconnect with relatives and help out friends."Driving trucks I was always gone," he said. "Busy. I've kind of lost touch with my side of the family."
Good luck to this new millionaire.

Category :   Social
More : #poworker #CanadiMillionaire #coupny #Alberthamlet #w$50M #lottery

Sharing is Caring..
Please wait...